Friday, July 6, 2012

Ana's "Favorite Things"

Similar to Oprah's Favorite Things, but without the awesome free gifts and well millions of fans but anyway... here are some of my favorite things!

Quotes! Here is one for us to keeep in mind as educators



Having fun while learning is a must! Here is a book for kids to play with sounds, learn about jazz music and enjoy reading!




Here is the thing that fuels my passion... the pure joy and innocence of children.  I also love this video because it reminds me there is happiness and joy even in situations we may perceive to be stressful

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ana,
    I really like your blog. It looks like one devoted to Early Childhood! The quote you posted by Lady Bird Johnson is so profound. I believe that speaking love, positivism, and encouragement to children is so important. They need to know that we believe in them no matter what the situation. We should also always encourage them to believe in themselves and their abilities.

    I also agree that having fun while learning is important. Any story that allows children to explore sounds, learn about different genres of music and kinds of instruments, and is just simply fun to read, is a must to have. The library at my school is increasing the child friendly collection of books about music. I don't teach band, but reading books and having my students participate by moving, playing classroom instruments, or making sounds, is something they always enjoy.

    ReplyDelete